Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Stunning Shakespeare, by Lena Levin



Lena Levin posted this painting and these notes on Google+:
So here is the last one for my #bestthirteenofthirteen album, two days in advance.
Sonnet 53: And you in every blessed shape we know 
Being, as it is, a portrait of #williamshakespeare, it sums up very well the core of my work, my passions and my obsessions both for 2013 and for the foreseeable future. Anyway, since I've finished this retrospective two days in advance, I can now turn to a more exciting topic of #newyearresolution2014 . Because however ridiculous this calendar-fascination is on all rational levels, the turn of the year still holds some fundamental emotional significance for me, so I might as well use it... :) 
It's a compelling portrait of Shakespeare: doleful eyes and dispassionate face, amid bold brushstrokes and stunning colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment