Sunday, August 4, 2013

Which Shakespeare Things Do You Say?


(image credit)
Note from Becky: 
I still don’t know how something I scribbled in a hurry at 3am got so many notes in the space of a day? Shakespeare is clearly too awesome. I spelt “bated" wrong, awk :) Someone said this looks like a serial killer’s notebook, which made me laugh a lot. They’re not wrong, I’ve been a sleep deprived zombie lately. 
Which she corrected:

(image credit)
An educational publisher recently asked me if they could print this scribble in a textbook, so I needed to rescan it to send them a better image. I erased the “i" from “bated breath" and also replicated it digitally, for anyone who has trouble reading my messy handwriting (myself included!) Feel free to use accordingly.
Thank you to every single one of you who has reblogged/shared the post. It has almost reached 70,000 notes and it makes me happy to see that. The fact of the matter is, every time this image has been shared, the chances that somebody will learn something which they didn’t already know increases. Many people are put off by classic literature because the language is foreign to them. They can read the words, but they don’t understand them. This might discourage them from pursuing it further. So I’d like to think you haven’t simply reblogged an image on the internet. You might be responsible for opening the door of curiosity for somebody else. [emphasis added]
As Mahatma Gandhi said: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment